Tuesday 26 July 2016

Sacrifice

Sacrifice is the most precious word and something which a person can give in the world.
More precious than the word 'love'.
For sacrifice comes after love.

Well, you may not believe in sacrifice, for this very word is rarely put into action in today's generation.
And you may not dare sacrifice things which you hold dear.
But it's something more than we can emagined.

One of the greatest sermon I've ever heard on 'Sacrifice' is sadly  or beautifully spoken by a person in a movie 'Beautiful Creature'. Let me share it with you and may it touch you just as it touches me.
The sermon goes like this...
"I don't wanna preach today. Instead, I just wanna talk to you. About a word we don't hear much anymore: 'sacrifice.' It's not what I'd call a modern word. People hear the word 'sacrifice' and people become afraid that something will be taken away from them. Or they'll have to give up something they can't live without. Sacrifice to them means loss in a world telling us we can have it all. But I believe true sacrifice is a victory, because it requires our free will to give up something or someone you love for something or someone you love more than yourself. I won't lie to you. It's a gamble. Sacrifice won't take away the pain of loss. But it wins the battle against bitterness. The bitterness that dims the light on all that is of true value in our lives."
Isn't this beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment