Thursday 25 June 2015

Unity Is Strength




This picture reminds me of a story I once heard in my childhood. And there is goodness in the story that I wanna share it with you.

Author- Anonymous

There was once a farmer whose sons were always quarreling. No matter what he said to them they would soon started over again. One day he decided that he would give them a lesson. 
“Come, my sons,” he said. “I want you to go into the woods and each of you come back with some sticks for the fire.” 
The sons went off and after awhile they returned with the sticks. 

“Now, my sons,” he said. “Tie them into a bundle.” And the sons did so.
 “I wonder,” said the farmer. “Which one of you is the strongest and can break this bundle of sticks?” Each son tried his best but no one was able to break the bundle of sticks. 
“Now,” he said, “untie the bundle and take the sticks one by one and break them.” 
“Oh that’s easy,” said the boys and they soon had the sticks broken, ready for the fire. 
“Let this be a lesson to you,” said the farmer. “If you let quarrels divide you, you cannot do well, but if you stand together, you will be strong and no one will be able to hurt you.”
The four brothers realized what their father was trying to teach them and from that day onwards, they never fought with each other and lived together in peace and harmony.

Simple it may be, we have a lot to learn from this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment